Friday, July 2, 2010

Fishing Tackle: A Guide To Making It

Making fishing tackle can be a rewarding process. It's good to start with something simple. In this post I will teach you how to make a simple bobber, from there you can move on to making more advanced fishing tackle which I will teach you in following posts. The simplest bobbers possible are made by simply drilling a hill on the bottom of a small twig and then bind it on a simple wire loop. I usually then paint it with a easily seen color. As simple as this may sound, it actually works pretty well. You can even create more advanced bobbers with this method. A friend of mine uses a piece of a corn cob as a bobber and it works extremely well. To do this, cut off the end of a corn cob, you can then use sand paper to smooth it out. Drill a hole through the center of it and put the stick right through the hole. You can even slide the line through and under the stick to make a slip bobber. These are the type of projects I started before moving on to making more advanced fishing tackle.





I always think it’s a smart idea to start with simple things when trying to learn how to do something. Making fishing tackle can be very simplistic or very complex. I like using this ground-up approach and gradually building more complexity as I go along. I do this as a hobby; making fishing tackle is just something I enjoy, for some reason. People have asked me many times why I don’t simply just go purchase fishing tackle since it’s so cheap, I always tell them that there is something rewarding about using fishing tackle that you made yourself. Catching that first fish on fishing tackle that you made is extremely rewarding; at least it was for me. I always have had great luck catching fish with some of the more advanced fishing tackle that I have created. Some of them even managed to outperform lures that I have purchased, but of course this all depends on the day. Maybe it was simply luck. In the following posts to come, I will show you how to create some more advanced fishing tackle with more bells and whistles that you can give a try. Hopefully this short post gave you a small bit of foundation to start making your own fishing tackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment